5.26.2008

Trompe l'oeil powder room






This is in a very formal house decorated in primarily shades of beige with celadon accents and lots of French style furniture. The powder room is near a panelled mahogany office. It had green marble floors, a beautiful chest used as a vanity, but no architectural detailing. I was inspired by a photo from Veranda magazine of a panelled French door with peeling paint in shades of green. I also add a trompe l'oeil backsplash to match the existing marble counter top. The faux bois process wasn't difficult, but with all of the taping involved, very time consuming. This tiny room took over 3 full days of labor.

2 comments:

Visual Vamp said...

Mitchell, I have read all your posts and looked at all your work. You are f-ing brilliant! I hope you are not only happy, but making the money you need. When you come over on the 8th I want to ask your advice about re-doing my ginormous credenza. I love your kitty picture too - is it your kitty? xo xo xo Miz V

cotedetexas said...

this is so beautiful!!!! I love this!!!!