5.21.2008

Paint....the quicker, fixer upper

I've been working on the redo for the lobby of a condo building in New Orleans' warehouse district. The following two photos are the before. While looking at those photos, you need to keep in mind that a professional decorator just did this lobby, but the condo board was so unhappy with the results, they wanted me to redo it. Unfortunately by the time we redid it twice, I was stuck with no budget. I had to rely on the budget designer's best friend...Paint.
I don't get the tree mural...the building has no connection to trees or woods....I'm guessing they were copying that black and white wallpaper with the tree motif that's everywhere right now.

After: Color, Color, color. I used a metallic copper finish with silver highlights to accent the fab stainless, copper, and marble sculpture they already had. Steel blue on the beam also highlights an existing abstract. I ebonized the Chinese table, recovered the chairs in a fabu faux leather will silver nailheads, and delivered drama and energy. (Oh my god...I sound like Kim Myles on Myles of Style....I better stop now before I start using the word "pop" incessantly).







s

2 comments:

Visual Vamp said...

This is fabulous! And you have so much more style and talent than Kim The Big Disappointment Myles.

And So It Is said...

You are amazing! I love the new look. I can't believe you did that with just paint!