5.18.2008

Porch facelift






Our current project: front porch. In our MidCity New Orleans neighborhood, porch sitting is still taken seriously. Luckily our house has a decent sized porch, but it needs freshening. I've already painted the ceiling a beautiful yellow (as visual vamp has pointed out, yellow is the new beige) instead of the traditional blue. in fact, I'm going for a modified mardi gras color scheme: existing green trim, beautiful eggplant doors, and a pale buttery yellow (gold), on the ceiling and inside of awning. We just got the furniture from World market. Now I must finish painting the awning (a project that sucks so hard it's taken me months to get it half done), paint the floor, do a little accent painting, find pillows or fabric to make pillows to tie it all together, and landscape the front. At least the FEMA trailer is finally gone. I'll keep y'all posted on how it goes.

1 comment:

And So It Is said...

LOVE the yellow ceiling!