6.18.2010

Works In Progress: How I spent the first part of the summer

A bedroom installation. Waiting on the custom draperies, the most beautiful broad horizonatal silk stripes in pale gold, champagne and pewter. The pics are dark as photos were taken at night, but I thought you might like to see it in progress, bags and all.
*NOTE*  In the comments section, Marlo mentioned the great headboard.  It's a vintage piece, I'm not sure what era.  If you live in the New Orleans area, the shop had a full size one available.  e-mail me for details.*

Here's a sampling of what I've been working on the past few weeks.  They're photos of works in progress, so they're not polished, and a couple are downright fuzzy (like my brain lately), but they'll keep you in the design loop.  I'll publish some better photos when everything is finished.

Some hotel dining chairs in the midst of a makeover.  The one in front is primed with tinted primer.  The ones in back are waiting their turn.


Painted, distressed and antiqued waiting for fabric, a fabu faux croc.


After a couple of  days with the upholsterer.

Some commissioned drawings for a client:  abstract studies of the water and greenspaces of New Orelans neighbor hoods in vintage frames.

In place, waiting for hanging
Two abstracts painted on wine crates flanking a door way.  in the bottom, you can just catch a glimpse of another painting I did.



6 comments:

carla fox said...

Beautiful work! The room, the chairs, the art, everything! Love the chairs. You are my kind of designer....take something with good bones and transform it. Bravo!

Angie said...

The wall boxes look great in that room, especially with the colours playing off the painting in the other room

Mary said...

It's so nice to see what you're working on.

The bedroom is just beautiful even without the drapes; there are a lot of interesting things to look at.

The headboard is beautiful; I don't think I've ever seen one with that shape (maybe I've been sheltered too much). The desk chair is eye-catching and a nice alternative to the fully upholstered chair and at a quick glance I thought the artwork were windows - they brighten up the room and add more interest. It's going to look gorgeous once the drapes are installed.

I love the dining chairs; full of character.
I recently ordered some parsons dining chairs in faux ostrich (for myself) and now I'm wondering if I've made a mistake; mine won't have the character that these do. :(

The abstract art over the sofa looks really good and livens up the room. Nice.

Mary said...

P.S. I like the new header.

Sally@DivineDistractions said...

You do beautiful work both as a designer and as an artist. Enjoyed the post!

Visual Vamp said...

Love all your projects!
The chairs are incredible!
Remember that color for my kitchen :-)
xo xo