9.16.2010

I Want One

When you work in the design business, you tend to get a little jaded about objects and structures.  You learn early on (or risk becoming a guest star on "Hoarders") that there's no need to purchase every incredible thing you come across...next season, or next year, or at least the year after, there will be another chair, sofa, house, etc. just as fabulous as this one.  But every now and then you see something that strikes a lust in your heart that will never be extinquished.  I didn't even know I wanted a playhouse/blogging paradise, but now I do...

I don't speak Spainish, but the architect's (I'm assuming its the architect) website has more photos, here: http://www.manuelvillaarq.com/index.php?/project/poliedro-habitable/ .

4 comments:

Karena said...

Cool, very cool!! I would have to lighten it up! Egads you are thinking!

I have a New Giveaway from the French Basketeer that I think you or a friend will love!

Karena
Art by Karena

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Extremely cool!

h. m. settoon said...

Beautiful baskets, Karena. Thanks for the heads up about the give away. And you're right: about 5 gallons of white paint would really make that playhouse wonderful. what you don't see in these photos is that it also has a skylight for exra light.

Mary said...

How did you ever find this? It's fantastic and I want one too! What a nice little getaway for some alone time.