7.06.2010

Slipcovers Part Deux: Let the experimentation begin

My samples have arrived, and phase 2 begins.  When I mentioned this to Thomas, he said, "Is that when you figure out how to pay for them?"  Silly, Thomas, that's actually phase three, which occurs after I've gone through his wallet and checked the sofa cushions for loose change.

No phase two is the washing test---both samples which made the final round (I had ordered a couple of other ticking, including periwinkle that didn't make the cut) are now enduring the extra hot two hour deep cleansing cycle in the washer  (so as not to waste water I've included in the load of towels that have been gathered in frightening large piles in the bathroom hamper.  To be fair, a couple of them starting moving to the laundry room on their own, so I took pity).

These two are spinning away, preparing for the final caged death match in the dryer...

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hahaha...love your humour!!! :)

I like that shade of blue in the paisley.

Sooo, which fabric came out the winner?